Aspiehelp is a peer-based peer-support organisation, in other words, all our staff "have" Asperger Syndrome! In essence we ARE Asperger (or Autistic, as we are learning to call ourselves). Autistic basically means "person alone", i.e. often most happy by themselves or with maybe one other person at a time. We rely almost entirely on charitable organisations, plus fees and donations from people using our services.
People who have "Lived Experience" of Asperger Syndrome are- simply- in our entirely and unashamedly biased opinions- the best people to sort through your difficulties, explain apparently inexplicable problems, advocate for you where necessary and walk with you on the next part of your life journey.
There are a few precious exceptions among the "neurotypical" population, but by and large, we find other Aspies feel great relief when they find others who, while not "just like them" are near enough to induce a wonderful feeling of "welcome home, you are not alone in this world"! People often say "I have found my tribe"!
Here are some of the things we offer:
* Pre- and post- diagnostic assessment and support. Negotiation on ways of payment for this are welcome. Membership of Aspiehelp is required in order to access our other services. ($20 or $30 for families).
* Information, advocacy, peer support, workplace preparation, training and mentoring.
* Consultancy (online or in person). See the fees page for costs.
* A Facebook page (Aspiehelp Christchurch NZ) and links to other good Aspie FB pages.
* Use of our specialist library for further information. We are always adding to our prized collection of useful, readable and enjoyable books. Books written by Aspies are by far the best!
We do expect that new clients become "members" of Aspiehelp. We must show funding organisations that we are in fact serving a community, so the numbers should reflect this.
Please see our list of fees for more information on membership and session costs.
Any donations, however small, are always welcome.
Addresses to interested groups are given without charge as we dearly want to educate and inform people about Autism/Asperger Syndrome and the associated conditions.
We also liaise with other professional services and support services and lots of useful books.
Donations are always welcome and can be made directly to our Bank account (please phone or email to ask for the number) 03 337 6337 or email@example.com